Monday, July 9, 2012

Manicure Monday: Review: Sally Hansen Smooth and Perfect Color Care Nail Polish in Sea

Last night's mani reminded me as to why, as a rule, I don't purchase Sally Hansen nail color. 


I purchased this bottle of Smooth and Perfect Color Care Nail Polish in Sea a couple months ago. I used to HATE  seafoam green, but probably by virtue of seeing it so much during the course of the spring, it's grown on me. Unfortunately, the hue is about all this polish has going for it.


Strike one:  In the fluorescent light of the Duane Reade, Sea looked like a creme.  False. It actually has a bit of a pearl-ish sheen to it, which is not typically something I like.  


Strike two: The first coat goes on super sheer, the second streaky, and only by the third does it start to look ok.  And the formula is really thick, so it already feels like there's so much on my nail before I even get to the top coat.


Strike three:  Bubbles!  I woke up this morning to find a crazy amount of little air bubbles in my mani!  Not a good look :(




Ruling: boo!  money wasted!

No comments:

Post a Comment