Friday, July 6, 2012

Current Obsession: Now Solutions Coconut Oil

I feel like coconut oil has become the IT cosmetic ingredient as of late (thanks for the tip Miranda Kerr).  I picked up a jar recently at the local organic grocery store to use as a hair treatment for my newly ombre-d hair (bleach can be super drying and I want to avoid/repair any damage to my ends).  Now's version is amazing.  It has no scent, which I appreciate.  It seems I'm one of the only people in the world who isn't a fan of the way coconut smells.  I used this as an overnight hair mask for it's moisturizing properties, and as a moisturizer on my arms and legs before bed. A significant amount of cellular repair and regeneration takes place as we sleep, so that's when I tend to use heavier moisturizers and treatments.   It is oil, and does take a bit of time to absorb, so take that into consideration when deciding which sheets you want on your bed when you're going to use it. 

Look for Now Solutions Coconut Oil at Fairway or Whole Foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment